CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Numbers vs. Letters

Hold onto your hats ladies and gentlemen, I am about to blog!  :) 

Once again, time has gotten away from me and I haven't been able to get anything up on here.  I ended up getting a 24 hour flu bug over the weekend, which turned into a head cold, which led me to the state of exhaustion that I currently find myself in.  Enough whining and belly aching from me, let us get to the good stuff.

Before school started I bought this absolutely adorable book and knew that I would be reading it several times at the start of the year. 

Oh my word!  If you haven't seen this book, please do yourself a favor and click on the picture.  The book is an argument between the number 1 and the letter A on what the book is really about, a number book or a letter book.  It goes back and forth introducing numbers to 26 and the entire alphabet. 

Perfect for helping your little ones see the difference between numbers and letters and how they are used.

The first time we read the book, I used two hula hoops and simply labeled one letters and one numbers.  The owls took turns pulling a card from a bucket, telling the class if it was a letter or a number, and sorting it into the correct hula hoop.

The second time, I gave each owl the following page to sort independently and to use as a simple assessment piece.  Click on the picture to download this for yourself!

 
Please let me know if you have any trouble with the download. 
 
Enjoy the rest of your week!
 
~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment