CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 15, 2013

Five For Friday!

I'm slowly getting back into a groove of blogging regularly again.  Now that I just typed that, I will probably fall off the bandwagon.  Please hold me to this regular blogging business.  :)

To end this week, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her fun Five for Friday linky.  Click the button below to check out other randomness that has happened this week.

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/11/five-for-friday-linky-party-november.html
 
1-  I have blogged T-H-R-E-E times in one week!  Yes, this may seem small to some but to me and my scattered posting schedule this school year, this is a huge milestone!  Go ME!
 
2-  I agreed to be part of my school's Biggest Loser competition and I'm so glad that I did.  It has given me a great reason to finally kick my soda habit.  I haven't had a soda in over a week and a half!  I've lost two pounds just from that.
 
3-  I realized that I have hit my one year blogging marker.  I'm currently working on getting a giveaway together.  If you would like to contribute, please leave a comment with this post.  Thanks!
 
4-
This was our shared writing piece this week.  We are focusing on "zooming" in our ideas.  We started with a big idea of school, narrowed it down to recess, and then narrowed it down to this.  (We play on the monkey bars.)  Forgive the sideways pictures and the terrible drawing.  My owls are really grabbing ahold of writing this year and are really giving it a good try as far as sounding out words.
 
5- 
We worked on 4 shapes this week (circle, square, triangle, and rectangle.)  We talked about the number of sides, corners, and where in the "real world" we might see the shapes.  As an assessment piece today, I put out different building materials at each of the tables and the owls were given 5 minutes at each table to build the shapes with the materials provided.  The above picture shows some pretzel and marshmallow shapes.
 
Enjoy your weekend!
 
~Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! I would be happy to donate to your giveaway. Just let me know!

    Amanda
    Mrspauleyskindergarten@gmail.com
    Mrs. Pauley's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to kick my soda habit two months ago. I lasted about 4 days. I realized I'm just not a nice person without it. Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete