Since it's Friday and a 3 day weekend on top of that, I am going to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday.
Here are five random things that happened in my classroom this week...
1. We wrapped up the Math portion of the MAP assessment this week. In WI, K5 only takes the math portion. Most of my little owls met their goal score and a few are going to need some serious tough love because they knew just about all of those skills inside and out and still didn't meet those scores. :(
2. I won two different blog giveaways this week. I never win these things so you can only imagine how excited I was.
3. We tried out the snowball fight activity that I was reading about everywhere this week. My kiddos LOVED it! We practiced our sight words using this activity.
4. In Science we are focusing on objects. Today's lesson was on how objects move. I busted out the paint and we showed how we move string, cars, and marbles and painted with them. Kids were messy afterwards, the tables were messy afterwards, but they sure could tell my how those objects were moving.
5. I have been playing around with some of my own station activity creations lately. I decided since we were being tested on beginning sounds with our PALS assessment this week (YES, another test this week! This one is not even all done yet!) I would bring out my owl themed beginning sounds activity. The kids loved it. If you would like a copy of the beginning sounds owl, leave your name and e-mail and I will send it your way. I haven't played around with google docs yet so I have to do it the slow, old-fashion way. :)
3 hours ago