CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Juggling My LIFE linky!

When I saw this linky pop up, I knew I needed to become a part of it.  Follow the link over to Katie's Little Warriors blog and see what others have written about the art of juggling teaching, blogging, and (as Katie called it) mommying.


Now this fits in perfect because this week is going to be full of juggling mommy duties and school duties.  My poor little guy is going to need to get picked up late two days this week from daycare so this mommy can attend a staff meeting and some additional professional development on rigor in the classroom.  To be honest with everyone, I do not feel as guilty as originally did when I first had my son.  I hated the thought of staying after school when I first had him.  It tore me up inside.  I felt like I was a bad mommy because he wasn't getting every once of my attention.  However, that has changed now that he is older.  He turned 2 in October and is now your typical tantruming boy.  Most days he doesn't want much to do with me.  I guess I use his toys the wrong way because I get lots of "NO MAMA!" and then he takes the toy from me.  Since he is in this independent yet imaginative phase, I use those moments as my windows of opportunity to do some planning and blogging.  Don't get me wrong, there are those days when he is literally attached to my side and we play and play.  There are also those days where he is interested in copying what I'm doing so he will color while I prep activities or point to pictures and tell me what they are.  As of right now and with one little one at home, I am finding a manageable mix between family and work/blogging.  (I'm sure I just jinxed that because I typed it for all to see! :))  Do keep in mind, that it has taken 2 years to feel like I'm not always stressing and there are still the days where I look like and feel like a hot mess!  I wouldn't trade this juggling act for anything else in the world.  I LOVE IT!   

As a thank you for reading through my long post, here is a semi recent picture of my little man. His name is Asher! This is just a normal day of hanging out in a box and hoarding all of his toys with him in there.
 
 
 
 
~Erin

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much again for linking up, Erin!!! Your little guy is so absolutely adorable!!! I love that he hoards all of his toys and himself in the box!! LOL! He sounds like the typical 2 year-old boy!! I have survived 2....one more to go:)
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie and thank you for following! I really appreciate it! I have no idea how you keep it together with 3 boys. I would be tearing my hair out especially in the middle of those fits that happen for no reason. :)

      Delete
  2. This sweet picture makes me want to cry! What a cute little face! You are a lucky mom! My son still loves a good box but he's almost 11. sniff sniff. Time flies! I love your blog! Looking forward to getting to know ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! It means a lot to me that you are a follower. I love that little face to death. He is def. my whole world. Everyone always says that you won't believe how fast they grow up and I can understand now why they say that. I have no idea where those first two years went. I blinked my eyes and he was two and as sassy as his mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy is adorable! It seems you are doing an amazing job juggling mommyhood, teaching, and blogging! Kudos to you for rocking it :)

    Loved reading!

    Amelia
    thewildthingslearn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try my best to juggle it all and stay afloat while doing it. Some days are beyond better than others! :)

      Thanks for following!

      Delete