CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Goal!

We took almost our entire school to a Milwaukee Wave soccer game yesterday.  The field trip was an incentive for demonstrating good school/classroom behavior.  Let me tell you, I have never seen my little owls so excited and animated as I saw them at this game.  They were cheering (even though they really didn't know who they were cheering for :),) they were up dancing, and they were beyond well behaved.  I was one proud teacher!  I was a bit worried because this was a huge event (over 7,000 kids in attendance) and I wasn't sure how my little owls would deal.  They were ROCKSTARS!

To get the excitement going for this big day, I did a little soccer tree map with them, we read some fiction and non fiction books about soccer, and did a little prediction writing the day before.  Here are some pictures of our work.
"At the soccer game, I think I will see soccer ball."  (Loved the illustration!)

"At the soccer game, I think I will see player cic the bol."  (I think that is about right.)

Our soccer tree map.  We completed a big one as a class and then practiced our copying print by filling in our own tree maps.
 
 
Today we continued talking soccer.  This time it was in math.  We used little soccer ball keychains we each got from the game, rolled a die, put that number of soccer balls in a ten frame, and figured out how many more we needed to add to make ten.  The kids did great with this!  :)
 

A little recording page we filled out while we were working on making 10.  We used x's to show the starting number and o's to show the number we needed to add.
 
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  One more day left!  :)  We are getting hit with a snow storm here in good, ol' WI.  I will be heading out soon to do a second shoveling since I got home from school!
 
~Erin


1 comment:

  1. Sounded like everyone had fun at the game! Good luck with the shovelling - I'll be doing some of that tonight too :(

    Ѽ Alessia
    Mrs. Albanese’s Kindergarten Class

    ReplyDelete