This week was a long and rough week for me! Way too many ups and downs for me to bear. It has left me in a not so great mood all week and looking forward to Friday way more than I wanted to. Due to the fact that my week could go into the world's worst week hall of fame, I didn't take pictures of classroom happenings. I was just too busy trying to keep my "cool" if you will.
1. I LOVE THE BIG BANG THEORY!!!! I have watched it since season one and can watch the seasons over and over again and still laugh just as hard. Seeing as this week was not full of smiles at school, I needed some way to destress. Watching this show was my magic ticket to some much needed laughter after extremely long days.
2. Attendance this year is scary bad in my room. I can count on one hand the number of times all of little owls have been in school together. It is really quite sad. My little owls are struggling because of their attendance. I needed to do something to really stress how important coming to school every day was. I put together this bulletin board and stamp/sticker each day an owl is there on time. I promised a fun afternoon once their entire charts were filled.
3. I put together this little ladybug and little label/writing for my little owls to work on in their writing work station next week. We read the book, I Love Bugs, this week in our reading series and I wanted to bring the story into a station next week.
4. Now this doesn't have a picture to accompany it, but it is completely random. This week's weather here in WI was ridiculous. It was 60 degrees on Tuesday, then we had a crazy rain, sleet, and snow storm on Wednesday, and today we had a wind chill advisory with -13 degree weather. The whole entire week of wacky weather meant some serious indoor recess time and NO snow days. :(
5. I have been attempting to prepare for our 100th day and Valentine's day this week as well. I put together a little owl themed Valentine's day counting activity. I'm going to have my little owls try it out next week and I will post about it then.
Hope everyone had a great week. Head over to Doodle Bug's blog and link up with your five randoms from this week.