CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 8, 2013

It's That Time of Week!

Five for Friday linky party time!  I can't tell you just how much I adore this linky party.  Keeps my camera close by me all week and gets me reflecting on the happenings of the week.  If you would like to join in on the fun, head over to Doodle Bug's blog and link up!
 
 
Let's start with Monday and work our way through the week, shall we!?!
 
 
1. On Monday, I left early because I finally got ahold of the nasty cold that was travelling around my classroom.  I have, unfortunately, passed it along to my little man.  He is currently sleeping in the recliner and he sounds so stuffy.  Poor guy!  :(
 
 
2. Skip ahead to Wednesday, we took a whole school trip to a Milwaukee Wave soccer game.  So fun!
 
 
 
3. Last night we got hit with a snow storm.  It, of course, started right at the end of the school day and lasted until midnight.  Enough time to plow the roads and have everything up and running for school today.  Man, do I want a snow day!
 
(This picture really doesn't do it justice!)
 
4. Today, I got this lovely piece of writing from one of my little owls who is just struggling.  I was so proud!
 
We were writing a sentence using one of our star words.  This was our first day doing this in a literacy station so the word was "I."  Her paper says, "I luve im (my) hs."  She has come such a long way these past couple of weeks.
 
 
5. I have been using old bulletin board boarders as quick letter identification games with my little owls who need some extra practice.  I had attended a pd years ago and this was an activity mentioned.  I decided to try it out!  I put letter stickers on the pictures and the kids start at different ends of the boarder.  They take turns rolling a die, moving their little stone, and identifying the letter.  If they get the letter right, their stone stays but if they get it wrong, I correct them, and send their stone back to the beginning of the boarder.
 
 
 
There's my week in 5 random pieces!  Enjoy!
 
~Erin




 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun field trip!! I bet your kiddos LOVED it!

    Hugs!
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your #5 idea! Neat! I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, look at the snow. I would just stay home in pjs all day or wear them to work.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete