CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Picture Rewind!

This post is going to be a picture rewind, if you will!  We had some great learning moments last week that I want to share with you all.

Little display I put up on one of our classroom walls to show how hard we have been working on addition.
 
Each little owl got a pot.  We took turns rolling a die and adding the correct number of clover stickers.  If you look closely, we folded the pots in half.  This invisible line helped remind us that we were adding.  After two rolls, each little owl had to write an equation.
 


We did this addition work the next day.  I found super cute St. Patty's Day confetti at Party City and right away my mind ran in a million different directions.  I settled with the math direction!  I presorted the pieces into snack sized baggies.  Each little owl took a baggie sorted the confetti and then turned it into an equation.  This took a little longer for them to get though.  I wanted to rip my hair out with a few of them.  :(
 
We had a leprechaun messing with our calendar pieces for a couple of weeks.  He finally stopped and left us this little note and these little treats.
 
"I hear nothing.  I taste chocolate and carmel.  I see pretty Skittles.  I feel smooth Skittles.  I smell fruit."

Reading his sentences back to me!  (The little owls have to read their sentences back to me before they hand them in.  Great way to encourage better word choice and sentence structure.)
We are trying really hard to strengthen our sentences with describing words.  We used our 5 senses to write about our little treats. 
 
 
Hope your week is going well!  2 more days and then it's SPRING BREAK!  :)
 
~Erin
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I love the little pots with the addition facts! That is such a great idea!

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little 5 senses activity!! Yay for Spring Break, can't wait!!! :)

    Nikki
    The Cozy Classroom

    ReplyDelete