CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hundred Charts Magic!

I'm sure that all of you have seen or even use the following ideas with your littles, but I thought I would share in case you needed something easy yet engaging for the last days of the school year.

I have recently retested my owls on their rote couting to 100 and discovered that some just still were not getting there.  Please keep in mind, that we count daily to 100 during calendar time, so this was mind boggling to me.  With this new found mystery, I started brainstorming and sifting through notes and found the hundreds chart puzzles and race to 100 games.  These two have been lifesavers in the room this past week.  I mean the owls are beyond focused with these two activities and aren't even noticing the extra counting practice that I snuck in.  Sneaky teacher!  ;)


The polka dot charts came from here.  I printed three different colors and three copies of each.  The blue was the challenging puzzle, the purple (not shown) was the medium, and the red was the easy.  I simply cut out different sets of numbers to vary the level of difficulty.


These hunderds charts came from here.  Each set of partners were allowed to pick their own buttons to move along the chart and a die to roll.  My owls that needed a little challenge were give the amazing die in die.  They were told that they had to identify the number they ended up on each turn.  Point of the game is to get to 100 first. 

I hope that these two activities, new or old, to you can provide you with a little sanity and some hard work for these last remaining days.

Keep your eyes peeled for a post about our fairy tale fun and a fun game that get the owls excited to practice their sight words.

~Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hey my friend! I haven't seen you blogging much lately! Glad to read this and to see your Summer Bucket List also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have been MIA quite a bit lately. The end of the year chaos has gotten the best of me and I'm focusing more on getting through that right now. I also had to take care of some at home business and that has taken up quite a bit of time. Thanks for stopping by and leaving some love. Hope you are doing well. :)

      Delete