CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 6, 2013

A Hodge Podge of Happenings!

To all of you out in blogging land, sorry for the lack of posts lately.  It is, FINALLY, starting to feel like Spring here in WI, so I have been outside enjoying the sunshine with my little man.  :)

This post is going to be a hodge podge of some of the fun things that have been happening from last week and today.  I'm beginning to sense a bit of a trend in this mix and match kind of posting lately.  Let's just chalk it up to the end of the year chaos! 

First up are our text to self connections we made when reading, The Little Engine That Could, by Watty Piper.  I had the owls write about a time when they couldn't do something but after trying and trying, they were able to do it.  The cute arm train idea came from Pinterest.  Silly me forgot to pin it so I would be able to link it.  I went back in to look for it and magically it has disappeared.  If you know of the source from which this adorable idea came, can you please link it in a comment.  Thanks!
 
"I can't do the monkey bars I tried and I tried and I could do it."  Love the spelling!
 
 
 
Next up, we made these cute clocks as an introduction to time.  All I wanted the owls to get out of this was the names of the two hands on an analog clock and what they do.  The hands were made from paint swatches.  Nice and sturdy!
 
 
 
Today we traced ourselves and labeled the body parts as a Health lesson and for evidence of learning.  The owls loved every minute of this.  We took over the hallway outside of our classroom for this.  Side note-I share a classroom with another teacher and we do NOT have room to do anything this large within it.
 
 
Last up, I am jumping on the bandwagon and have put my ONE produt on TPT on sale through Friday.  Although it is just one item, it is my best attempt at being able to show each one of you just how much I appreciate you reading my blog and allowing me to be inspired by all of you as well.  So thank you for everything you do!
 
Head over to Learning with Mrs. Leeby to check out all of the other amazing bloggers who are having a sale!
 
~Erin




2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin,
    I saw you are representing WI in the Great State Project. I would love to collaborate with you since I'm doing MN and also teach kindergarten. If you are interested, e-mail me at ilovekdgt@gmail.com and we can "talk."
    Sara
    Polka Dot Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the clocks! Love it! Thanks for linking up! :)

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete