CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! Letter Recognition

As I'm getting ready for that first day of school, I have been combing through my ever growing collection of back to school books.  One of my all time favorite books to use is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault.

 
 
I love the sing song feel of the book, how easy the owls pick up on the repeated text, and the colorful illustrations!
 
Keeping this book in mind and knowing that I will read it to the point of memorization this year, I came up with a fun interactive letter chart to use with my owls to practice letter identification.
 
 
I made this with large poster board, green and brown construction paper, scrapbook paper for a fun color pop under the words, typed out words, and foam stickers.  I think it took a total of 30 minutes to draw, type, cut, tape, and stick everything together.  Super fast and easy!
 
How am I going to use this in my room you ask?  The chart will be laid in the center of our carpet with the owls around it.  I purchased oversized magnifying glasses at the Dollar Store, so a couple of owls will get one.  I will call out a letter or hold up a letter card and the owls will need to place their magnifying glasses over the matching letter.  The rest of the owls will have a coloring page to find and color the letter in so all are engaged.
 
I just added the letter cards (upper and lower case) and five differentiated recording pages to my TpT store.  It is priced at $3.00.  If you are interested, click the picture below.
 
 
 
If you have stuck with me this long, you are in for a treat!  I am having a little buy one, get one free sale in my TpT store starting today and ending next week Saturday, August 17 at 10 pm. 
 
background from The Clip Art Graphics Guy
owls from Pink Cat Studio
 
 
This is how this sale works...
After you purchase a product, email me telling me the name you use on TpT, what product you bought, and what product you would like for free.  (The free product has to be of equal or less value!)  Now if you are really looking to stock up for back to school, you can buy two products and get two for free.  Basically for every one product you buy, you get one for free!
 
Also remember to leave feedback and comments to earn those TpT credits!
 
~Erin




1 comment:

  1. I will be reading this book to my kinders this year. Love this book!!

    Roxanne
    foxysexyroxy10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete