CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Fairy Tale Writing-Round 2

We have been continuing our journey through fairy tales.  This week is The Three Bears.  The owls are loving every minute of our fairy tale addiction. 

I wanted to stop by quickly and share some of the writing we have done to go along with the fairy tales we have read.  I found the original ideas for these writing pieces on Pinterest, but every time I go to find the source, it twists me farther away from where I was.  Some of the posts, I can't even find anymore.  I really need to get a better handle on my Pinterest boards.  That, however, is a whole other blog post.  :)

This was our prewriting piece.  We took pictures of the the three items that Jack stole from the giant and put them in order according to a couple of the books we read.

The owls then worked on sequence writing.  This was my clever way of getting them to write more than one sentence without tears by them or me.  We "shared the pen" first as a whole group and wrote some example sentences.  We talked about word choice and focused on our writing rules.  From there they were given their own writing paper.  Love the borrowed the harp in the last sentence!  :)

Each owl did have to start their sentences with a first, second, or third.  The skittles on the periods were a cute ideas from Pinterest.  (Again, couldn't track down the orginal source.  Ahhhhhh!)

 
"If I found Goldilocks in my bed... I would bonk her on the head."
 
 
"If I found Goldilocks in my bed... I would play with her outside.  I would play hide and seek with her.  I would show her around the house."
 
I saw a similar imaginative writing piece like this for Jack and the Beanstalk.  I really liked this idea, so I just changed it to fit the book we were currently reading.  Let me tell you, some of their writings were hilarious.
 
Tomorrow is field day for me.  Keep your fingers crossed that we don't get the rain that is forecasted.
 
~Erin
 
(If you know any of the original sources or these are your ideas, please let me know.  I want to give credit where it is deserved.)
 

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! The idea about the Skittles is a great one! I will definitely have to try that with my kinders! Have a fun field day tomorrow!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete