CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Long and Short Vowel Practice

The sunlight at the end of the school year tunnel is finally shining through.  We have three more student days and one teacher/records day left.  Then it is SUMMER BREAK! 

In order to make it through the next few days, I am setting up my work stations as reveiw stations.  They were basically this already, but I really focused in on the skills we wrapped up the past two weeks with.

One of the literacy review work stations is a vowel sorting activity.  The owls will work in groups to sort the pictures according to the vowel sound.  My owls are doing really well with long vowels but some are still struggling with short vowel sounds.  I'm hoping this activity and working with others will get them to a level of understanding that I'm comfortable sending them to first grade with.  If you would like a copy of this activity, click on the picture and download it from my TPT store.  It is my newest freebie!  Please make sure to leave some feedback and to follow my store while you are there.

 
 
Be on the look out for my fairy tale books list and a 100 followers giveaway in the next week.  Thank you so much for helping me get to that major milestone.  Never in my wildest dreams did I expect this!  I'm both honored and grateful for all of you!
 
~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment